Monday, January 17, 2011

My Most Favorite Ever Picture Taken With A Phone

Sometimes you take a picture that can stand up to Mona Lisa.  I took this without trying but unlike Michaelangelo, I did not paint it. I had it blown up so that the pixels started distorting the image and then got it framed. I contemplated blowing it up even more and painting each little pixel.  My thought is that the picture would further distort as I mismatched the colors, like embroidery stitched with the wrong threads.

 Technology has elevated all of us to a certain level of artistry without much effort.  I don't mind at all; we have all become National Geographic photographers, masters at documenting life.  Files are littered with the daily minutae of life.  Archeologists will have a field day.




But what about skill?  This didn't take any skill; it wasn't as if I even framed this.  I just snapped.

This was a completely random picture of my daughter.  And all of the photos on my page were taken with a simple point and shoot digital camera.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I completely understand what you are saying in your previous post...blogging can feel like a huge chore sometimes. I think the no pressure on yourself approach is the best. Write when you want, post your beautiful pictures (btw, I love that simple pic of your daughter!) and walk away when you have that suffocating feeling. But back up whatever you write so you can visit yourself anytime in the future :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete